Simple chicken and vegetable stir-fry
This is just a super easy dinner to prepare and one the whole family will enjoy. Aim to really up your vegetables in this meal, as it is a great way to enjoy them and really boost its nutritional value as a family meal. Ingredients
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- Hunk of fresh ginger chopped finely
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 bird's-eye chili, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 chicken fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ½ bell peppers (red, green or yellow), chopped into chunks (any other vegetables you have in fridge)
- 200g cooked wholegrain egg noodles (optional)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ½ orange, juice only
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
Cook noodles and set aside. Heat the oil in a wok. Add the spring onion, garlic, bird's-eye chili, chicken, ginger and peppers to the wok and stir-fry for three minutes. Add the noodles, soy sauce and orange juice to the wok and stir fry for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
To serve, stir the sesame seeds and mint through the dish and pile into a bowl.