Leek and Potato Soup
Another 5- minute soup recipe and one that goes down very well with the whole family. Leek and Potato Soup. No heavy cream in this recipe but loads of fresh herbs. I had plenty at home today and threw a handful of coriander, parsley and a few sprigs of thyme into this soup which was definitely the key to its delicious finish. You'll begin to notice a pattern if you have followed a few of my soup recipes before - Alva's simple 5-minute soup method is the same every time!
- 4 large potatoes, washed with skins on, chopped into chunks
- 2 leeks washed well chopped into slices
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 rashers, chopped into pieces
- 1 chicken stock gel
- Enough water to cover vegetables and bring up to about an inch above them
- Splash of milk (optional)
- A few handfuls of whatever fresh herbs you have
- Freshly ground pepper
Sauté vegetables and rasher pieces in butter for 5 minutes on a low heat. Add water and stock gel and bring to the boil. Add herbs and simmer for 20 minutes until vegetables are soft. Blitz the soup and add pepper (and a splash of milk if desired) to taste. Enjoy!