It's Salad Season..How to Dress them up
Warm weather means lots of healthy raw vegetables and salads and what better way volume up the raw vegetables and salads on your plate than to have a few great dressings to drizzle over them. I have a few winner recipes that I will share with you over the next few weeks and am starting with one of my favourites a great citrus dressing that is sweet and tasty and makes any salad really special.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, orange juice, Dijon, honey, thyme, and salt in a medium bowl until well combined. Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a smooth, slightly thick dressing.