Alva’s Simple Thai Chicken and Vegetable Curry
This is so easy and turns out so tasty you nearly feel like a cheat when guests or family members rave about it. All you need is a few chicken or turkey breasts and any vegetables you have in the fridge as well as some pantry staples - coconut oil, thai curry paste and fresh ginger.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 3 free-range chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon of red or green Thai curry paste
- 1 large hunk of fresh ginger chopped finely
- 1 tin of full fat coconut milk (and add 1/2 - 1 full tin of water)
- Two handfuls of green beans, washed and top & tailed (or any other greens you have)
- 1 bell pepper, washed and sliced into think strips
- Lime wedges
Serves 4 people
In a large wok heat coconut oil on a medium heat. Add chicken, ginger, curry paste and stir for 5 minutes until chicken has browned. Add the coconut milk and water and leave on a low simmer for about 20-25 minutes. Five minutes before serving throw in the vegetables. Serve immediately or even nicer is to leave the flavours develop over a few hours or overnight. Garnish with chopped coriander, and a lime wedge and serve with a big bowl of greens (or some brown basmati rice for a higher energy meal).